The drama series, based on the award-winning, best-selling novel by Margaret Atwood, is the story of life in the dystopia of Gilead, a totalitarian society in what was formerly part of the United States. Facing environmental disasters and a plunging birthrate, Gilead is ruled by a twisted fundamentalism regime that treats women as property of the state. As one of the few remaining fertile women, Offred (Elisabeth Moss) is a Handmaid in the Commander’s household, one of the caste of women forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate a devastated world. In this terrifying society where one wrong word could end her life, Offred navigates between Commanders, their cruel Wives, domestic Marthas, and her fellow Handmaids -- where anyone could be a spy for Gilead -- all with one goal: to survive and find the daughter that was taken from her.
|4||Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum||52:46|
|6||A Woman's Place||54:49|
|7||The Other Side||47:14|
|11||The Handmaid's Tale Trailer (Official)||01:43|
|12||My Name Is Offred (Teaser Trailer)||00:32|
|13||The Handmaid's Tale First-Look Teaser||00:32|
|14||Her Story Is Our Story (Teaser)||00:31|
|15||Handmaid's Tale Behind-the-Scenes Featur||01:28|
First of all, you will need to download the The Handmaid's Tale, Season 1 videos.
You can do so on either iTunes or Amazon Prime
When you are done downloading the Videos, follow the processes below to Add the subtitle file to your The Handmaid's Tale, Season 1 videos
You can get the .Srt subtitle files for each episode in The Handmaid's Tale, Season 1 by following the "Get Subtitle" Link beside every Episode above. You will be taken to a page where you can now select the appropriate subtitle file for your downloaded episode.
Alternatively, you can use the "Mirror 2" link if the first does not work for you!
To Add Subtitle files to your VLC Player, follow these steps accordingly:
1. Move the subtitle file into the same folder as your video file.
2. Rename the subtitle file with exactly the same name as your video file, so you have two files like this: The Handmaid's Tale, Season 1_Episode_1.avi and The Handmaid's Tale, Season 1_Episode_1.srt.
3. Play your video in VLC. You should now see subtitles appear over your movie. If you don’t, double check the .srt file is correctly named, then close and restart VLC before playing again..
1. Download the .srt file from above.
2. Upload your video to YouTube. When configuring your upload, click “Captions”.
3. Click “Add a Caption Track” and browse to select your .srt file.
4. Select the language from the drop-down, and make sure “Caption file” is selected, not “Transcript file”.
5. Upload the .srt file.
. 7. Clicking the “CC” icon in the YouTube player turns the subtitles on.
8. This method also works to watch a Youtube video (not uploaded by you) with subtitles