On April 26, 1986, the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union suffered a massive explosion that released radioactive material across Belarus, Russia and Ukraine, and as far as Scandinavia and western Europe. Chernobyl is a gripping five-part miniseries that tells the powerful and visceral story of the worst man-made accident in history, following the tragedy from the moment of the early-morning explosion through the chaos and loss of life in the ensuing days, weeks and months. Approaching the story from every angle, encompassing the perspectives of plant workers, firemen, doctors, scientists, residents and Soviet bureaucrats, the miniseries juxtaposes compelling human stories of bravery and sacrifice with the shocking inertia of a government intent on passing blame and downplaying the dangers of the disaster. Featuring an ensemble cast led by Jared Harris (Emmy nominee for Mad Men), Stellan Skarsgård (Melancholia) and Emily Watson (Oscar nominee for Hilary and Jackie and Breaking the Waves), Chernobyl is written by Craig Mazin (The Huntsman: Winter's War) and directed by Johan Renck (Breaking Bad).
|1||1:23:45||58:54||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|2||Please Remain Calm||1:04:56||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|3||Open Wide, O Earth||1:01:47||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|4||The Happiness of All Mankind||1:04:59||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|5||Vichnaya Pamyat||1:11:33||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|6||Chernobyl: Trailer||02:25||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|7||Chernobyl: What is Chernobyl?||01:38||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|8||Chernobyl: Stellan Skarsgard as Boris Sh||01:56||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|9||Chernobyl: Jared Harris as Valery Legaso||01:46||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|10||Chernobyl: Emily Watson as Ulana Khomyuk||01:56||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|11||Chernobyl: Behind the Curtain - Director||01:37||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|12||Chernobyl: Script to Screen - The Divers||01:23||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|13||Chernobyl: Pivotal Moment - The Trial||02:12||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|14||Chernobyl: Inside Episode 1||02:31||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|15||Chernobyl: Inside Episode 2||02:47||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|16||Chernobyl: Inside Episode 3||02:01||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|17||Chernobyl: Inside Episode 4||03:26||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
|18||Chernobyl: Inside Episode 5||03:30||Get Subtitle||Mirror 2|
First of all, you will need to download the Chernobyl videos.
You can do so on either iTunes or Amazon Prime
When you are done downloading the Videos, follow the processes below to Add the subtitle file to your Chernobyl videos
You can get the .Srt subtitle files for each episode in Chernobyl by following the "Get Subtitle" Link beside every Episode above. You will be taken to a page where you can now select the appropriate subtitle file for your downloaded episode.
Alternatively, you can use the "Mirror 2" link if the first does not work for you!
To Add Subtitle files to your VLC Player, follow these steps accordingly:
1. Move the subtitle file into the same folder as your video file.
2. Rename the subtitle file with exactly the same name as your video file, so you have two files like this: Chernobyl_Episode_1.avi and Chernobyl_Episode_1.srt.
3. Play your video in VLC. You should now see subtitles appear over your movie. If you don’t, double check the .srt file is correctly named, then close and restart VLC before playing again..
1. Download the .srt file from above.
2. Upload your video to YouTube. When configuring your upload, click “Captions”.
3. Click “Add a Caption Track” and browse to select your .srt file.
4. Select the language from the drop-down, and make sure “Caption file” is selected, not “Transcript file”.
5. Upload the .srt file.
. 7. Clicking the “CC” icon in the YouTube player turns the subtitles on.
8. This method also works to watch a Youtube video (not uploaded by you) with subtitles